This is a two stage process you will:
- Copy all of the Joomla files from your server to your local computer
- Back up the SQL database using your Cpanel
Use your favorite FTP client to copy the Joomla files to your local computer.
The folders (for a default Joomla 1.5 install) will be
The files (for a default Joomla 1.5 install) will be:
Backing up the SQL database:
- Log in to the Cpanel of your website using http://www.your site name/cpanel
- Click on phpMyAdmin
- Select the database for your Joomla install.
- Click on the export tab
- Check the "Add drop table" checkbox
- Under save as file - give the file a name (optional-you can choose the "zipped" radio button...smaller file size)
- Hit "GO" to create your file and save it to your computer